coaches or spectators who are not living up to the CYO Code of Ethics, will be
subject to immediate suspension or expulsion from CYO competitions.
team is responsible for the conduct of the game, which includes the spectators.
Both teams must play the game respecting the rights of the opponent team.
Spectators must likewise extend this respect to the opponent’s spectators.
CYO Athletic Code of Ethics
athletic competition is a means of training young people to enjoy
healthful sports but with the end, that win or lose, they learn to
respect opponents, officials, and spectators.
It is important that all concerned with the CYO athletic program follow this code:
• To emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
• To stress the values derived from being fair.
• To show cordial courtesy to opponents and officials.
• To establish a happy relationship between visitors and hosts.
• To respect the integrity and judgment of officials.
• To achieve through understanding and acceptance of the rules and standards of eligibility.
• To encourage leadership, use of initiative and good judgment by the players.
To recognize that the purpose of competition is to promote the
physical, mental, social and emotional well-being of the players.
To remember that a contest is only an activity and not a matter of life
or death for player, coach, school, parish, official and fan
St Marys CYO on Prezi